Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Meal Goes a Long Way.....

Start your day off with hearty and easy CARBS!!! Who doesn’t love something drowned in butter and syrup?  I know I do, AND a big breakfast is essential to be sure my husband has all the much needed energy to tackle MORE shoveling. 

As a wife I feel I have certain duties, and one of those duties is to make sure Allen has something in his stomach every day before he begins his duties of providing for our family. Whether it’s a full out bacon, eggs, home fries and pancakes meal (which is what he had today) or a simple piece of toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and orange juice I am sure that he is feel fed. But I don’t stop at breakfast, he get’s lunch and dinner as well, not only is it cheaper then ordering out, and healthier then fast food I LOVE caring for my spouse in whatever way possible! 

Now I understand most women work, and just don’t have the time… so they think. Make the time! Wake up 10-15 minutes earlier and throw something together for both of you.  The effort and the gesture goes a long way, and I feel it is another piece of keeping a happy, healthy, and growing relationship. 


Recipe of the Day

Quick and Yummy Pancakes

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These take about 5-10 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook, and ready in UNDER 30 minutes

 

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. If both husband and wife work, why is it the wife's responsibility to cook for the husband????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Response to nboraiza...

    If both husband and wife work, why is it the wife's responsibility to cook for the husband????

    NBORAIZA,

    I totally get where you're coming from with this question, and not all households run as mine, and not all women feel the way I feel. I personally believe in the 'Joan Cleaver' roles, and feel there are certain things a woman does and certain things a man does. Women tend to be the ones running households, whether she works or not, so a woman is more apt to plan a meal, do the grocery shopping, and make sure everyone is eating healthy. As I said not everyone agrees with my views, and that's fine. I simply feel a woman cooks, and a man provides ;-)

    Thank you for reading & for the comment

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete