Thursday, May 26, 2011

I’m not a teen mom… but I’m not FORTY!

You know I feel as if I struggle to prove myself a young mother… but guess what, just because I’m not an “older” mother doesn’t mean I’m any less of a mother. Today I realized that perhaps I’m not a ‘normal’ young mother. I practice attachment parenting, I co-sleep, and I breastfeed…. I belong to mom-groups, and I attend parenting workshops. My husband and I believe in providing a safe, nurturing, and positive enriching environment for our children, and maybe not all young parents are as consumed in the well being of their children as we are.

I’m always apprehensive to divulge my age because it’s not typical to be at the level of maturity I’m at…. Allen on the other hand loves telling people how old he is, because he feels people give him kudus for being so accomplished at his age, regardless of what is expected of a 25 year old, I have enjoyed life! I got to travel, and I WANTED my children, I prayed and begged for my sons, this is the life I dreamed of. I knew I wanted 4 children by forty (lol), and I couldn’t be happier with the way things have turned out….. This isn’t for everyone but it was for me (and my husband).
As my blog states, I’m YOUNG, Married and Fabulous, but PLEASE don’t be fooled, I am a SUPER Mom who does it all, and will raise the most amazing children ever =)

Coupon of the day:
This is the last weekend for GAP’s Let It Go… donate unwanted clothing (ANY BRAND!) and get 30% off entire purchase for GAP, GAP kids and GAP baby

Click here for more info....

No comments:

Post a Comment