Friday, June 17, 2011

Date Nights Are Like Water

Date Nights are like water….. You need them to survive

Allen and I finally made it out for a date night, we saw Hangover 2… I remember when movies like this were so relate-able at times. =) Now I watch these movies thinking “REALLY?! You have to be kidding me!”. Any who it was nice to have a break, although I missed my boys like CRAZY! It was refreshing to have the opportunity to miss them.
Because I practice attachment parenting I had my mother and grandmother stay with the boys, my mother wore Liam in his Moby Wrap and he was perfectly fine… That of course helped me to feel better, and I was able to enjoy the movie a little more knowing he would be comfortable, and feel “safe”. We went to a theater so close we walked… this also left me at ease in case we would need to leave so I could nurse.

Over all I think this was a good first night out since being the parents of two as a movie forced us to relax and not just talk about the kids the entire night (LOL). YAY to Date night, I’m looking forward to the next one.


While watching the movie I did have a yummy drink which inspired me... I know what I will be making my next MNO (whose coming??)


Simply the Best Strawberry Champagne Cocktail

1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
champagne or sparkling wine

Wash and hull the strawberries. Put all the strawberries, except one, in a blender. Add vanilla, lemon juice, and sugar, and puree. Pour into a champagne flute half-way (more or less to taste). Top with champagne or sparkling wine, and stir gently. Slide the remaining strawberry onto edge of the glass.

1 comment:

  1. SO true! I'm just now realizing how important it is to have regular date nights.

    ReplyDelete