Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blueberry & Raspberry Cobbler

So funny story behind this recipe- I had this amazing apple cobbler a few months back, it was perfection in my mouth! I asked for the recipe, but was shot down and told it was a secret family recipe... That stinks- Here I am 9 months pregnant and CRAVING IT! Oh well, I went on a journey to find this "family secret", and wallah! I came SUPER close!! My recipes are NOT secret, I share with everyone =) (LOL)


For the fruit
1 pint of raspberries, rinsed and dried
1 pint blueberries, rinsed and dried
2/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
One roll of sugar cookie dough
*I also sprinkled about 2 tablespoons of wheat germ in the fruit mixture.



Preheat oven to 350°F.Toss raspberries with blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in a ovenproof dish.


Crumble cookie dough over fruit, covering thickly and completely. Bake uncovered until cookie crust is golden and crisp, and juices bubble thickly, about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment