Friday, January 13, 2012

Can't BEET These Brownies!

With a toddler who was introduced to CHOCOLATE by his grandmother and great grandmother, he demands it at least once a day.... with that said you can imagine how crafty I have become. 

One of my favorite recipes to incorporate health into chocolate is Beet Brownies. These brownies have 2 cups of beets. I have also added carrots in them (in previous batches). These brownies are more of a cake consistency then actual brownies, but delicious none the less! once cooled the beet flavor completely disappears!! 

Ingredients
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups of pureed beets
  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

  1. Beat together eggs and sugar.
  2. Add oil, beets, cocoa and pudding, mix well.
  3. Blend in vanilla, flour, soda and salt.
  4. Bake in greased and floured 11 x 15 x 1" sheet cake pan for 30 minutes at 375.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a pic of these so I can pin it to my pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give these a shot once my garden is up this summer. I love beets and can't wait to grow them again!

    ReplyDelete