Monday, January 30, 2012

Meal Plan Mondays & Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

As a mom I am always trying to make sure everyone is taken care of. I need to be sure Allen leaves for work in time with lunch bag in hand, full of hearty and healthy items to snack, to have for lunch, and for dinner (he works 13 hour shifts). I make sure my milk supply stays steady to provide Liam with his leche, I buy the healthiest snacks for the independent I-don't-wanna-eat-that-2-year old and and hide all his veggies he needs inside of meals you couldn't even imagine to hide foods in. 

 

 I have realized that all my focus on everyone around me leaves me depleted and craving sweets at the end of the day. I see myself slowly slipping into horrible habits. Habits that could lead to weight gain, depression, and just not a mommy that can do the best for everyone is she is falling apart. 

 

So as part of my Meal Plan Mondays I am starting to put more emphasis on mommy! Mommy needs to eat; healthy, Mommy needs to get rest, Mommy needs to get excerise-regularly. Mommy needs to to get it together, and take care of her too. 

With that said here's my Meal Plan Mondays:

Monday: sick household= leftovers from the weekend

Tuesdays: Grilled Chicken (yes I grill mid-winter) with green salad, pink beans, and brown rice. Since this is one of Allen long days when he's gone from breakfast until after bedtime for the boys, I have also prepared tuna salad to have as a snack throughout the day and tons of veggies.

Wednesday: Chicken Quesadilla and avocado salad

Thursday: MYOP (Make Your Own Pizza) Night

Friday: Dinner @ Nonnies. Every Friday we spend Friday late afternoon/ early evening with my grandmother.. we usualy get takeout, it's fun, and best of all MOMMY DOESN'T COOK!

Saturday: Vegetarian Lasagna

Sunday: Superbowl feast!


Life is Short... Start with Dessert

Not only are these cookies good for you, but they are delicious! A huge hit in my household!!

Coconut has been known to improve hear health, boost metabolism, and much more. Check out this article by the Huffington Post


1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
1 1/8 cups organic unbleached or whole flour (I did half and half)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup flaked coconut


In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut. 

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment