Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meal Plan Mondays

So sorry for the delayed post. This Monday started a new semester for classes for my husband and I, which get's me to the importance of planning and prepping as much as possible. This week I am all about making multiple meals out of the same dishes. I have been on a hunt for simplicty since becoming a mother of 2, I do realize that majority of the choas, OK ALL of the choas I bring upon myself. I can't help it, I suffer from SUPER Mom syndrome. None the less, one way I help to manage my families busy lifes, is by meal planning, and preping.

Some helpful hints I have are as follows:

1. Plan it- Don't panic! Which a clear cut plan of what you will cook for the week you are sure NOT to forget anything at the grocery store, causing extra trips during the week, as well as not scattering at the last minute to decide what to make for dinner.

2. Season and freeze meats. Although I don't always do this I do try. For instance Sunday's chicken was seasoned a week in adavce, frozen, and made it taste wonderful.

3. Pre-cut things like onions, mince garlic. Although you can buy garlic already minced, it's cheaper to do this yourself.

Our Meal Plan- week of 1/22/2012
Sunday: Rosterri Chicken with ricotta gnocchi (pre-made) and green beans
Monday: Spicy Chicken Curry Soup
Tuesday: Left over soup
Wednesday: Tilpia with Mango Salsa & Sauteed Veggies (weight watchers dish)
Thursday: Left over veggies (form the day before) and stuffed tortellini
Friday: Tortelinni soup (from stuffed tortellini)
Saturday: Takeout night- Mom does need a break from the kitchen!!


No comments:

Post a Comment