Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Black History Month

As a say-it-loud-I'm-Black-and I'm-proud kind of woman I look forward to this month, and we plan to enjoy the month. Not that we don't acknowledge and celebrated any other month, but this month is nationally recognized.

Here's a list of Boston events my boys and I will be attending and have attended

First on our agenda is the Museum of African American History. Also we plan to finish watching Black in Latin America, which is a great documentary by Henry Lewis Gates Jr. a Boston resident, showcasing the influence of African descent on Latin America. 



We're making a Unity Wreath tomorrow... With different color's of "brown" paints!! Super excited to do this craft (I will post pictures later). I got the idea here


What fun things do you plan to do?






No comments:

Post a Comment