Friday, March 2, 2012

Banana Sour Cream Bread

After a day of being snowed in, watching my boys play, and relaxing with my husband I enjoyed the simplicity of cooking, cleaning and taking pleasure in the quite easy life.

This morning I woke up yearning for the same comfort and incomplex day I just experienced less than 12 hours prior... It seemed beyond my reach, as Allen hustled for work, I woke a sleeping and cranky toddler for school... and I thought about all the errands I needed to run.

I took a breather, smiled, and headed for kitchen! I was determined to have just a piece a mild day, and  it was start with Banana Bread... Or for this matter Banana SOUR CREAM Bread.


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons butter
1-1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 (16 ounce) container sour cream1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:


1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together white sugar and cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.

2.In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.

3.Bake for 60-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment