Friday, November 23, 2012

I Fell Victim...

I have always sworn off The Black Friday Madness! I have never felt the deals were good enough to stay up all night, wake up early, stand forever, or fight the crowds. However this year as a mother almost 3 (we're expecting a third next year), having guardianship of my nephew, and budgeting with ONE income I felt I should give it a try.... 

Instead of saving money I got a headache, lack or rest, and blew the budget. I bought items I know my boys don't need, but because it was a "bargain". I now feel remorseful, and somewhat unholy... if that makes sense. It's like every year I'm trying more and more to hold onto the meaning of Christmas. I do realize my boys are small, and I don't want to take away from them the excitement of Christmas morning.

So with that said I am adopting a gift giving philosophy (and making returns MONDAY!). Our Gift Giving Philosophy is based on something I heard last weekend from this amazing woman I had the best conversation with and it goes like this:
  • something they WANT
  • something they NEED
  • something to WEAR
  • something to READ 
I hope you all find a gift giving philosophy that works for you, and I hope you enjoy the holiday season, creating memories with the ones who melt your heart.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 110% Jaz. I went through that today. Last year it was so much easier because I shopped online & it was easier to stick to my budget considering the fact that when you add items to the cart, it gives you a total. In-store, it's sensory overload and bargain overload. Easy to grab. I grabbed so many things at the store today and decided against buying majority of what I had.

    ReplyDelete