Monday, February 4, 2013

Pinwheel Lunch

I'm always struggling to come up with new ideas for lunch. Something both the boys and I will enjoy, that is outside the normal pb&j sandwiches that my 3 year old demands requests daily.

I stumbled across a pinterest post for pinwheel sandwiches- which I love from different parties and showers I've attended. I thought I'd give it a try, however the recipe called for pepperoni and oregano neither I had, so I chose to make my own variation which anyone can do too ! I found some with ham and cheese, bacon and cheddar, or pizza inspired.

I am glad to report the boys and my picky eater husband all enjoyed the pinwheels and scarfed them down. Check out my recipe below and let me know if you try another combination.


1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
1/4 cup prosciutto, finely chopped
1/4 cup salami, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon prepared pesto sauce
1/4 teaspoon mayo
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 
  
First hoven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cheese, prosciutto, salami, pesto, mayo and parsley. 

Next if using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; firmly press perforations to seal.

Then spread with mixture. Roll up the dough, pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll into 6-8 slices (should resemble a pinwheel). Place, cut side down, 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment